High standard is expected from all staff members, “do it once do it right”
- My staff- All qualified builders and apprentices
- Always have apprentices being trained as its our way of giving back to the building industry.
- Some ex staff have started their own building companies and John still is supportive of them.
- one of these has also started his own building company in Australia and has won his own “Australian House of the Year” award. John is proud of that as well.
- Some ex staff have become Building inspectors for the local “Dunedin City council”
Years of top level success acknowledged for JJ OSKAM Builders
At the 2010 Master Builder House of the Year Awards JJ OSKAM Builders received a Platinum Award. This prestigious award was introduced this year to mark the 20th anniversary of the Master Builder House of the Year Awards.
The new award is reserved for builders who have won 5 or more National Level titles.
John Oskam said “We are really stoked to have been acknowledged in this way. It is always great to see our consistency and hard work paying off.”
The team even had to buy a new bag specifically to transport the trophy back from the award ceremony in Auckland.
“The homes we build are places of significance for our clients who commission them. We recognise this and craft them with the same care and attention to detail as if they were our own. It is a privilege to have seen so many of these homes gain National Awards and this is testament to the hard work of our team.” John Oskam
- 2000, Master Builder House of the Year – regional category winner and 3rd place nation wide. Dick Oliver design.
- 1998, Master Builder House of the Year – regional category winner and 3rd place nation wide. Mason & Wales Architects.
- 1995, Master Builder House of the Year – regional price category winner.
- 1994, Master Builder House of the Year – regional price category winner.McCoy & Wixon Architects